Wednesday, October 26, 2016

#3 Forum

As a journalist, I get to cover some of the most amazing and captivating events in the whole city.
And then theres covering environmental forums...

The thing was just to discuss our environmental footprint and lowering consumption, blah blah blah.  I know its an issue but I truly just want to enjoy my long showers and gas guzzling car. It's the little things, you know?

Anyways I was taking notes and listening to people voice their liberal opinions about how were destroying our planet and we need massive sweeping city ordinances to fix all the problems. As I listened I realized something. I am not worried about the looming death of our world. It sounds depressing and selfish, and maybe it is, but I want to live and have all the modern commodities that we have, and not worry about the future. I guess what I mean is that I like to live in the moment and enjoy what I have, especially since I don't have all that much to begin with.

The forum was boring and the metal chairs were icy cold. I could feel the chill through my pants and I decided to cut my stay there short. I had enough for the article and I could finish it up in time to walk down from my apartment to the lamppost with Tug.

I love walking the streets with him, its one of the most relaxing things I do. I just feel so stagnant right now and I want to do something bigger than these small town stories. Theres not a lot of breaking news since the pool of blood. Jake wasn't even interested in me covering the chandelier that blew up at the circus.

Oh well, at least I have Tug, and my hot shower and my rusty old Bronco.

No comments:

Post a Comment